Direct Insurance Company
A direct insurance company offers an insurance contract to you to protect your personal belongings (car, home, furniture, pet) from any kind of loss, theft, fire, vandalism, collision, accident, injury or damage. What makes a direct insurance company unique is that there is no agent or independent broker involved; you buy it directly from the company.
UK Direct Insurance Companies
The following are the best known direct insurance companies that have offices all over the UK and offer the best insurance deals :
- Geico Direct
- Direct Line
- Direct Travel
- Cornhill Direct
- Norwich Union
- Zurich Insurance
- Quinn Direct
Direct Insurance Company Factors
There are several things that you should look in your direct insurance company. They include :
- Coverage options : One of the first things that you need to find out from your insurance company is the number of coverage options that they offer. Ideally, they should give all kinds of coverage in every insurance category. For example, in case of auto insurance the coverage options should include comprehensive, third party, third party fire and theft and pillion passenger cover.
- Payment options : The more the insurance payment options on offer, the better it will be for you when it comes down to short listing of direct insurance companies. Some insurers do not give the choice of paying a premium through direct debit and some do not even offer the choice of paying for premiums monthly. You do not want to buy your insurance policy from these types of companies. Payment options should include immediate, periodic and annual. It should also include payment through credit card, direct debit and cash.
- Support service : The clincher for a direct insurance company is its support service (technical support and customer service). The customer services people should be courteous, pleasant, prompt, informative, patient and helpful whenever you contact them. Likewise, the technical support of your direct insurance company should be accommodating, polite, clear and understanding.
- Number of categories offered : Look for direct insurance companies that give insurance in the maximum number of categories such as travel, medical, dental, home, contents, car, vehicle, property, etc. Insurers that deal in only one category can be quite limited in terms of service and discounts. In fact, if you buy more than one type of insurance from a single direct insurer, you will be able to get a good discount from them.
- Discounts : Since there are lots of direct insurance companies in the market, many discounts are given as each one wants to attract a large number of customers. Direct insurance companies offer discounts to old and new customers. Discount options by the direct insurers include online discounts, no-claims discount, winter-sports discount, more-than-one pet discount, home emergency discount and more.