Congregational & General insurance is one of the UK’s biggest and most respected insurers of homes and churches. C&G covers over £9 billion of household assets and almost £5 billion of church assets in the UK.
The company, a top insurance company in the UK, is based in Bradford and is wholly owned by the Congregational & General Charitable Trust which has disbursed grants totaling several million pounds to churches as well as other worthy causes. C&G employs an experienced underwriting team that is able to evaluate a wide range of risks and offer householders comprehensive private home insurance products. The company also provides Intermediary Support, an area dedicated to their panel of independent Insurance Intermediaries and Brokers. The intermediaries and brokers are chosen by C&G for their standards and professionalism. Specializing in providing insurance to churches, C&G’s Church Choice offers coverage for the main insurance needs of places of worship and can be provided either as a standard package or tailored to specific requirements.
The coverage includes :
- Property Damage for buildings and contents.
- Loss of Income
- Public and Employers' Liability
- Personal Accident for voluntary workers in the church, members and employees
- Legal Expenses
Special features :
- Fundraising events and exhibitions
- Loss of keys
- Musical instruments anywhere in the UK
- Accidental breakage of stained glass windows
- Trustees' and Officers' Indemnity up to £100,000
Optional extensions :
- Accidental damage to buildings and contents
- Worldwide accidental damage cover for special or selected items
- Breakdown of electrical or mechanical plant
- Sudden and unforeseen damage to boilers and central heating systems
Other benefits :
- Low excess levels
- No Claims Bonus
- Wide range of telephone help lines and emergency numbers
- Glass replacement service
The Congregational Home Choice is an insurance policy that covers the contents and/or buildings of homes up to a specified amount. You have the option to extend the coverage to include accidental damage, items such as laptops, cycles and business equipment and the provision of family legal protection cover. The standard package for home insurance includes :
- Accidental Damage to glass and sanitary fittings
- Accidental Damage to underground services
- Alternative accommodation costs
- Property Owner's Liability
- Accidental Damage to home entertainment equipment and personal computers
- Replacement of locks following theft of keys
- Refrigerated and frozen food
- Occupier's and Personal Liability
- December and Wedding Gifts increase in sum insured
- Coverage for contents in the open and stored in outbuildings.
Optional extensions to standard coverage include :
- 'All Risks' cover on valuables, sports equipment and pedal cycles.
- Money and credit cards.
- Business Equipment (clerical occupations only).
- Family Legal Protection.
Other benefits include :
- Glass replacement service.
- Wide range of telephone help lines and emergency numbers.
- Payment by installments.
- Award-winning claims service.
- Voluntarily increased excess
- Policyholders aged 45 years+
- Claim free years
- Joint Buildings & Contents policies.
- Contents for properties built from the year 2000 onwards.
- Building sum insured discount for properties between £150K - 250K.
- Competitive buildings rates for properties built from 1980 onwards.